September 24, 2005

It's almost October!

  • We went to the screening of the movie Thumbsucker, which I liked, and we also made a new friend while standing in line! We swapped phone numbers with our new friend Leilani. So now we have to start doing fun things to make our new friend like us.
  • I had my first tutoring session! I tutored three guys in Electronics, but these three students were really good and they already had a lot of the homework done so tutoring was a breeze! Before the session, I asked the lady in charge what I should do, because I was a little nervous, and she said that I should take some time to get to know them. So here's what happened:
Me: So, where are you all from?
Them: [telling me where they're from]
Me: Well, I'm supposed to take some time to get to know you all, but I think we're pretty much best friends by now, so we can probably start talking about Electronics.
  • We finally fulfilled our destinies and went to the bar around the corner called The Midway Cafe. They say it's different every night, but last night was amazing! The main event last night was something called Nerd Nite! First, a woman talked about hidden bat diversity in the paleotropics, where she showed strangely cute pictures of bats and talked about the frequency of their tone used in echolocation and the size of their forearms and some funny interesting things that one wouldn't expect to hear when going to a bar. Then a guy did a bunch of awesome physics tricks! It was pretty much the best night of my life!
  • Today is Rachael's birthday! We're going to go to Finale to celebrate her almost-golden birthday! It will be the best time of our lives!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home