August 07, 2005

It's August!

Sammy and I ate breakfast on the back porch this morning, and we brought Rexford out to bask in the sun as well! When I went inside to start working on my capstone stuff, I left the door open for Sammy. So anyway, I was on my computer researching extinction cross-sections, and I heard a strange breathing noise. I turned around, and there was a giant bloodhound walking toward me! It was Duke, the first floor tenants' dog. He must have walked up the stairs and come into our apartment. I started petting him a little, but then he shook his head and got saliva all over me, so I led him out of our apartment. He was pretty nice. I like hearing him bark sometimes.

Sammy is playing "Resident Evil" on his nintendo gamecube while singing that "Hey there lonely girl" song. Just now, he said, "man, this place is TEEMING with zombies!" I think this game is pretty scary. I'm glad it's not dark outside.

And, let's seeeee...yesterday I spent the morning and much of the afternoon in the computer lab doing the capstone presentation (which we'll be presenting on Friday, yikes) so when we quit at 4 pm, I was determined to spend the rest of daylight playing frisbee, shod in flipflops, on a field covered in goose droppings. And hooray! I did that! And then later, Rachael made a delicious meal from her homeland of Santa Fe, New Mexico! The dish is called Frito Pie and it's made of fritos and lots of cheese and hot hot chili (it can be made with red and/or green chili; Rachael used the green chili that her brother brought from Santa Fe) and beans and onions and tomatoes and deliciousness. It was spicier than my life, but I still loved it. I think I'd like to have a Milwaukee meal night, but my favorite thing, frozen custard, is not obtainable here. Maybe I could learn to make it. Otherwise, maybe we could have some bratwurst and beer and cheese. What are some other foods from Wisconsin? I wish I had some friends from a place where they eat poutine because I want to try it. Andrea is from Maine and she is French Canadian, so maybe she could make it. We could have poutine and Moxie! Perfect!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, frozen custard!

Meanwhile, you really can't make poutine unless you have fresh curds from Quebec. There's something about the way they raise them cows of theirs... the curds are squeaky yet creamy, and melt in strings but are never greasy like cheddar. MMMMMMM! So basically, you're SOL unless she comes back from Quebec and brings curds and you QUICKLY MAKE POOT before they go bad. Oh god so good.

8/07/2005 8:15 PM  
Blogger Emily P said...

OH! Woe is me! I should go to Quebec.

8/07/2005 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home