April 26, 2005

They say you are what you eat; I haven't changed a bit!

Today we're talking about cannibalism! Nicki checked out about a dozen books about cannibalism. She wrote a paper about self-cannibalism. She told me that anorexia is even sort of a form of self-cannibalism, because when you don't eat, your body eats itself. Awesome! Now I want to read books about self-cannibalism. What? It sounds righteous.

So, I'm back at work and lovin' it. If by "lovin' it", I mean "not lovin' it, and wishin' I were in classes again." Of course, that's what I mean. Work is fine, but I miss my peers. I also miss being outside in the sun during the afternoons.

Yesterday I received an email from a fact-checker at the Boston Magazine, which will be publishing an article about my robot team. The fact-checker, Rebecca, asked me a bunch of questions regarding accuracy of quotes and stuff. She asked if I recalled seeing certain people and teams and other items at the competition, but she also asked me the following:
You told Kevin that the competition was kind of like
a G-rated version of Mardi Gras except with pins
instead of beads—and mostly guys. Then, after
pondering that, you sort of changed your mind, and
said it wasn’t really like Mardi Gras after all! Does
that sound right? Do you remember that interchange?
Now I can't wait to read this article. I can't believe the journalist, Kevin, wrote this down. At least he didn't include the part where I was talking about some of the high schoolers on the team who were from the inner city, saying that at least they were "doing robotics instead of ...chicks."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home