March 30, 2005

I'm worried about my bike.

Sammy is in Scotland right now. I'm pretty sure he's having a great time; I checked the itinerary for his Model UN conference, and he may be engaging in some bitchin' afterhours activities, like a pub crawl and a ceilidh, whatever that is. I think I would like to be in Scotland, too, even though Boston is very nice today. I rode my bike this morning, but only to the Green St. Station about 90 seconds away, because I was running really late. I hate parking my bike at the Green St. Station, because I am always pretty convinced it's going to be defiled in some way. It's not the greatest place to park one's bike. There's one bike there that used to be a full bike with a baby seat (that had a "copilot" sticker on it), but it's been reduced, piece by piece, to a bare bike frame. The baby seat was the first thing to go.

Speaking of biking, my Easter Sunday consisted of a glorious bike ride with my friends. We were a real bike gang! It was me, Rachael, Ben, Erich, and Erich's roommate Zach. We went to Spike's Junkyard Dogs, which is an amazing hot dog place in Allston, and then we went to a bookstore that had millions of unorganized books and records and a bookshelf full of videotapes. Rachael bought A League of Their Own and Son in Law. They also had Lawnmower Man 2: Jobe's War and D3: The Mighty Ducks. This bookstore was great, and it had two lovely cats, but the cats were making Rachael die, so we moved on to Brookline Booksmith, which is another great bookstore.

After the bike ride, I met Nicki in Jamaica Plain near my home and I gave her a birthday present, even though her birthday is not until June 19th. The birthday present was too exciting to hold out on, though; I found a fantastic book about clipper ships at Cobwebs, the antiques store on Centre St, and I had to get it for Nicki. The book had a lot of pictures, and I inscribed it with the following message: "To my little 'Sea Witch:' Here is some Clipperature! Hah! Love, Emily." I even inlcluded the "Hah!"

Nicki and I then rode the bus to her and Rachael's apartment, and that night, Nicki, Rachael, Andrea and I all ate french toast and fruit and watched A League of Their Own.

I also received something great in the mail! It was a poster of L'Amour de Pierrot. I'm guessing it's from Sammy, because I talked to him about it after seeing it in a really nice book I got from Rachael. Anyway, I was pleased to see it, since I had forgotten how much I wanted it a few months ago. He's pretty nice, that Sammy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home