March 22, 2005

They sing like canaries in the Phillipines

If you're wondering what is up with the title of this entry, just ask the guy outside my cubicle what it's all about. He said it to another guy, and I was sure it was some kind of code phrase, but the other guy was just as confused as I am. I actually really got a kick out of his response, which was an aghast "whaaaat????" Unfortunately, they were walking as they continued the conversation, and I missed the explanation of the phrase, if there was one.

The other day, I was purchasing a plane ticket for my July 4th weekend trip to MKE, and I made a mistake online, so I had to call and change it. The woman helping me asked for my confirmation code, which had an F and some V's in it, and she had a few letters wrong, so I said, "F as in Fox," and was saying "V as in..." but the only V words I could think of were vagina, vasectomy and vivisection, so finally I just gushed, flustered, "I can't think of any V words!" Luckily, my helper assisted me by saying "...as in Victor?"

Rachael and Ben and I went to the huge St. Patrick's Day parade in South Boston, which was really great, and there were lots of bagpipes and kilts and daggers, and then suddenly we saw a horde of Storm Troopers and Royal Guards. At first, I only saw the royal guards and did not recognize them, because it was so out of context. I thought it was some kind of supremicist cult or something, and I wondered if this parade was going to turn ugly. I was pleased to find that they were just a bunch of Star Wars freaks!

And yesterday, I saw something unbelievably amazing! You know how buses have the little screen on the back right corner that displays the route number? Well, I saw a bus whose little screen was displaying not a number, but the letters "ICE T" !! I'm guessing the driver was a huge Law & Order: SVU fan, as am I. I should have boarded that bus.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

V as in vaginal discharge!

3/23/2005 11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

V as in vaginal dryness!

3/24/2005 10:55 AM  
Blogger Emily P said...

This is going tooooooo far!

3/24/2005 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home