February 22, 2006

What a state we're in!

This morning I had an eye exam because I'm working with lasers and they want to check on my eyes in case I damage them. Now I can't see anything, and my pupils are gigantic, and it's a really sunny day outside. I was covering my eyes because my sunglasses were not shading enough, and I came really close to running into lots of things. Boston has too many people and poles. They should have planned the placement of the optometrist's office better. Also, right next door to the ophthalmological building, there's another eye-related building with a big glass eyeball outside, so even though I knew the address of my eye doctor, I passed it and walked into the building with the big glass eyeball outside. The lady at the front desk knew what had happened immediately; I bet that kind of thing happens a lot.

Anyway, while I was waiting for the eye doctor, I suddenly remembered something from when I was younger: one of my first times at the optometrist, the doctor said that he could figure out what I had eaten for breakfast that morning. Up until this morning, I thought that it was a secret eye doctor trick. Well, I hadn't really thought much about it until this morning, really. Anyway, I wanted to ask Tracy, since she's an ophthalmologist, but I decided to ask the eye doctor instead:
Me: Oh, have you heard of this before? When I was little, my eye doctor knew what I had for breakfast without me telling him.
Doctor: Ah, that's a good trick.
Me: Oooh, there's a trick??
Doctor: No, he probably just guessed.
Apparently it was just a trick to make me distracted or something, but it seriously worked. And I bet my eyes were open really wide too, because I was completely awe-struck at the time.

Last Sunday we had a President's day party and I have some pictures to show you, but I forgot to upload them, so you'll have to wait!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think its possible the Eye Doctor asked your parents what you had for breakfast?

2/25/2006 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home